Over the years, the party moved its headquarters several times, from a succession of small shop locations in the late 1950s to 1960s, to Orchard Road, then to a black and white bungalow in Napier Road in the late 1970s to mid 1980s.
In 1996, it settled into a four-storey building tucked away among blocks of housing board flats off New Upper Changi Road, where it shares premises with the PAP Community Foundation.
- In the 1950s, PAP HQ opened from 9 am to 11 pm, and frequently up to 1 am or 2 am.
- PAP HQ started off with just one fulltime clerk in 1955. Today it has 19 staff members.
- When PAP HQ was at Napier Road, the party did not hire a gardener. Instead, once a month, members took turns to mow the grass and sweep the compound.
- At one point, the PAP thought of developing its own building for rental income, but decided against it.
- The current PAP HQ is a tenant in the PCF Building, occupying only a small office on the building's ground floor.
This article was first published in the April 2014 issue of Petir Magazine.